Monday, September 07, 2015

Talheim Runaround

While puttering around the house today, I had a little bit of time and continued working on extending the run-around in Talheim. The sub-roadbed in this area has already been modified a couple times, making additional changes difficult. I decided to just lay a fitted piece of hardboard under the track to carry it across the gap.

A wooden brace is glued in place to support the hardboard. To fit the hardboard I cut a page from today's paper into a template to fit the all the nooks and crannies of the existing benchwork and structures.

Once the hardboard was cut based on the template, I sanded down the edges and glued it in place. You can never have too many clamps.


Once the glue dried, I put back the track, and Kevin got to test whether it all still worked.

No comments: